Better.

on Monday, March 8, 2010

There sometimes comes a point in your life when you decide to do better.
Love better.
Give better.
Think better.

You look at past mistakes and failures and vow never again.
That thing called conscious emerges from within and serves as your life's permanent pilot.
You laugh, you love, you sing, and you live.


Broken hearts, bad seeds sown, and life's lessons.
Are a mere reminder of how far you've come.
How better you now are. And will be.

A personal mission to be the change you want to see in the world.
Real love.
True honor.
Unmeasurable respect.

If only society knew what you knew.
If only others understood your true meaning of love.
If only your heart's rhythm resonated through those in doubt.

then.
if only.

If only these words had remained true.

If only better had of really been better.
But once again the sun has come down.
All deeds of progression have come to a halt.

Yeah you know all the great adages about life and love.
Doesn't matter.
Irrelevant.

How do you convince yourself to forget your new found pain.
And just keep getting better.
HOW can your strive for better-ness seem to always end in worse-ness?

Left alone to wonder how did you get here?
How could love have led you astray?
What is love anyway, you wonder.

There's the heart, there's the mind, and then there's the truth.
Who's to blame?
Love. Life. or maybe Better.

So what's next?

The End.





2 comments:

Don said...

Yes. Now, this is what I am talking about! Not only did you return but you also switched your layout and wrote a very good and impressive post. Heartfelt. Are you and I in the same phase of life? cause your words definitely speak to my inner being.

Thanks for sharing. About time! LOL.

If only society knew what you knew. This, is why my favorite saying to others is: "...it's on me!"

Truth.

missrook said...

Appreciate it Don. You are definitely a distant inspiration. Not sure where you are in life but I guess my fingers will be forced to share my journey in the post to come.

And to think I was suppose to go all gangsta on the new blog!! LOL I'm such a lil punk! Maybe I'll save that for later since the soul seems to take me in any direction it wants nowadays!