Life's Lessons: Am I Asking Too Much??

on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

tied hands

Am I asking too much, when I need for you to hold me to just to make me feel better
Am I asking too much, when I’m asking for the little things you do to bring me laughter
Am I asking too much, I can’t wait another minute because I am running on empty
When I long for your touch, your touch, your touch, your touch


I think my girl Angie Stone couldn't have said it better......go with me now....


You know life teaches us that we are to accept and embrace it in its fullest. To realize that we are too blessed to be stressed and that in essence, none of us really have anything to complain about, right? Even the Good Book says in whatever state you're in....be content. (Philippians 4:11) Right??

But I'm just saying, at what point can I shamefully admit my degree of unhappiness?? Ok so, immediately one would look at that as a pretty strong statement. To actually admit that you're not as happy as YOU believe you COULD be. However, to me that cuts so much deeper than that. One thing life has profoundly taught me is that before you can place the blame on anyone or thing, you must always look in the mirror first. So wow, what that resonates to me is that....I'm part of the problem...OR all of the problem... Right?

Nah, I wouldn't go that far.LOL But the point to this takes me back to my original question...Am I Asking Too Much?? Better yet...When does a woman ask for too much? (I'm not talking about material things or gold diggers :) Is there an emotional limit to how much a man can give??

I don't believe so. I do believe however, people can only learn to love a certain way, to appreciate certain things and to be true emotional givers through self-inflicted life experiences. A man undoubtedly exbodies manhood when he understands a woman, her needs, her desires, her emotions, her true being. We, well I, need more ... more than a dinner, more than a movie, more than sex, more than clothes, more than shoes, more than trips, more than diamonds. It's the emotional connection, it's the way you love me and I love you. It's on a completely intangible level. It's a feeling, a desire, a need. It's like the necessity of air, water, food. It's the experience of life, love and happiness all wrapped in one. You live it, eat it, sleep it. You feel me.

So when I say I need romance, or intimacy. Don't intertwine that with society's definition of such. There is some, but I need more. Am I asking too much?




3 comments:

Don said...

Nah, I wouldn't go that far.LOL
too funny.

no, i don't think you are asking too much. like me, i think you have come to the conclusion that you personally know what warms your heart.

the fact that you do not experience it @ the moment is what usually leads to discontent, which encourages us to settle for less. so, yes, be content. it will make the event that much more enjoyable.

missrook said...

so, yes, be content. it will make the event that much more enjoyable.

Hummm, that's a matter of opinion. LOL Being content and settling ... it's quite difficult for me to distinguish b/t the two. Is there really a better one of the two??? LOL

Don said...

i think once a man or a woman knows in their heart that THIS is what's desired, then i do think there is a contentment which comes with it.

if a person knows in their heart that so & so isn't what they truly desire, then i feel that's settling.