Self Help: Love

on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Photobucket


I am often amazed by our declaration of love for others. Do we really understand the true essence of sharing, giving and being of love? I don't think so. Is it really possible as naturally selfish beings to love unconditional? Sure it's easy to say so but to love whole heartedly when it's not being reciprocated to you. To love when you're being hated. To love when you're being mistreated. To love when you're being neglected. To love those people or things that thirst for your demise. To love after love has proven to wreak havoc in your life. To love the abuser. To love the mental rapist. To love during the struggle of life. Are you with me?

Think of the most wonderful, indulging, peaceful moment of love you've ever experienced...and now can you honestly say that you could fluently give and experience that same love after what I've described above???

I long to be able to answer that question with the quickness...yes! But according to the love described in the Good Book, I know I'm not there yet.

I Corinthians:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails ...

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.But the greatest of these is love
.

7 comments:

Don said...

Good post, missrook.

And a true post. I am under the belief how the love which corinthians speaks of, is the love afforded through Heaven. It's impossible for a person to love anywhere near those scriptures, especially in America.

I can only think of how I love my daughters that would somewhat compare with Corinthians.

Don said...

You don't really want to blog, do you? LOL.

missrook said...

I'm trying, I'm trying! My job is kicking my butt. I'm out of town now for a week on a business trip. I'm coming now.... for real!

missrook said...

Why didn't you respond to the comment under the last video????

Don said...

i figured you were handling your business. i have been slippin' on the blog myself lately.

i notice when you are not around. curious to see what your blog is going to be like.

Don said...

check this out. see, what did i tell you about the seven year old:

http://tinyurl.com/5eu49a

missrook said...

**sigh** No words...