....Not Like I Do You.

on Thursday, July 10, 2008

Photobucket

The orange beam of early light pierces the curtain with intimate thoughts of me,

The daily encounters of chaos, chatter, confusion, frustration are all silenced by the whispers of my heart,

The longing for me is yet to end with the calming of the day,

The joining of two souls extends beyond the conscious mind,

The need is great, it's long, it's deep, it transmutes into physical exigency,

You wouldn't trade it, you couldn't trade it,

Your love for me.

And with the resting of my eyelids and a gentle exhale,

I know these feelings are so warm, so real, so true....but

Who genuinely speaks these words?

Are these your thoughts? Or mines?

Do you feel this feeling?

Or do I simply need you to? Or want you to?

...maybe you do love me ....but clearly

....not like I do you.

4 comments:

Don said...

wow.

i am honored that you took the time to sit down and write how it sometimes appears that we feel for one another.

no, seriously, i enjoyed the read. very soft and seductive. very private...

missrook said...

I'm treading new terrain. Being more transparent (not to others but myself) is definitely a challenge for me. I always looked at that as a weakness. It's interesting to find that we often don't know our true self as well as we think.

See Don, you inspire me :)

Don said...

i agree - we often do not know our true self.

you also inspire me. honestly. you were one of the main people who made me want to keep blogging.

missrook said...

Awww, I think my eye is leaking. LOL

Seriously though, cut it out. You know little ol' me didn't have anything to do with you and your inner passion.