Note To Self: Breaking Through

on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Breaking Through


The sun yet rises again and I find myself trapped behind this wall.
From Monday to Friday, from January to December, from 8-5pm it holds me captive.
It tells me this is where I belong, it tells me I have no where else to go.
Day by day by day, this wall squeezes me tighter and tighter
It's suffocating me yet it feeds me
My veins are bulging, my heart is racing, my voice yells silently
What do I do? Where do I go? Who do I tell?
Toughen up, they say. Be content. How dare you complain.
A tight wall is better than no wall, we all have to do it, ok.
Nah, it's not ok. Maybe you can't see the forest for the trees, but I can see the sky above the forest.
There's more, it has to be.
There's a purpose that I can't fight. It hangs on my side everyday.
Why are you hiding? What are you afraid of?
Who could have ever imagined that one's passion could run so deep.
Who would have known that the path to the soul was infinite.
Don't ignore the whispers. No not the noise but the whispers, the sweet melodies of ardor.
I do know why the caged birds sing.
The life and latency of the bird was never meant to be held in bondage.
So this being true, what now?
But when, but how, but what about.....
Today is here, another day is only hoping to be tomorrow.
There's a wall that needs breaking through.....missrook its on you.

3 comments:

Don said...

Caged bird, really? Stop playing...

If you are caged then I think the first and most important thing you might want to find out is - where is the key. The second, I think you might want to already have you a safe place called home to chill @, upon your deserved freedom.

No wonder you enjoyed my post so much. Talk to me.

missrook said...

Sigh...deep stuff right??! LOL
I wish I had time to post right now but da man or da heffa WOman rather, is calling. I shall return.

Don said...

Definitely deep. But I realized that you have it in you now, so I've come to expect it.

Oh yeah. Too funny @ withdrawal is a mugg.